SUITE OF APPLICATIONS THAT MAY BE INTEGRATED ALSO ON EMBEDDED SYSTEMS, AIMING AT INCREASING THE SAFETY AND REDUCING CONSUMPTIONS IN TRANSPORTS, BY MONITORING THE VEHICLE AND THE DRIVING BEHAVIOUR
All the applications assure a great flexibility of the system architecture to meet the specific need of the customer. The access to the CANbus data network of the vehicle is done always in “read only mode” (or “silent mode”) preventing the generation or the alteration of any message circulating across the network.
The SW modules included in the suite for monitoirng and diagnosing the vehicle are:
- Tyre Monitoring for the sensorless monitoring of the tyres' status.
It may be configured by selecting among the following modules, those that meet the specific needs:
- TTyre - sensorless estimation of the tyres temperatures;
- TTyre Plus - sensorless estimation of the tyres temperatures and pressures;
- TTyre Plus2 - sensorless estimation of the tyres temperatures and pressures and for the detection of the tyres deflation;
- TTyre Plus Racing - adressed for sport users, it aims at predicting the status of the tyres, e.g. after a warm-ip phase in a circuit;
- SEW-AID - electronic unit specifically designed to apply diagnostics to vehicles running models capable to detect functioning modes that may deteriorate to failures:
- Engine and alternator;
- Lube oil and cooling systems;
- Gearshift and clutch.
- LAE - for the monitoring of the lean angle of a motorcycle exploiting also the information coming from a couple of accelerometers.
For the driving style:
- DRIVER TUTOR - monitoring the driving style. It may be configured by selecting among the following modules, those that meet the specific needs:
- DRIVERAdvisor – helping the driver to adjust his/her driving style to achieve a lower fuel consumption and CO2 emissions;
- DRIVERAssistant – helping the driver to adjust his/her driving style to achieve a lower fuel consumption, a higher level of safety and a higher comfort;
- DRIVERInstructor – to evaluate the driving style with respect to specific fuel consumption and comfort objectives.
- ATD - detecting driving irregularities during the execution of turns, which may indicate a potential altered status of the driver;
- DRIX - Behavioural indexes that may detect irregularities in the driving style and classify it based on the level of “nervousness” of the driver.
For the fuel consumption:
- Fuel Consumption Monitoring FleetFCM - it provides, in real time, specific indications to the driver on the driving style to be used to minimize the fuel consumption. It differs from apparently similar systems for its characteristic to estimate in real time the mass of the vehicle through the analysis of the CAN signals. When it is installed on a fleet of vehicles, it provides in addition to the fleet manager the functions of vehicle localization and the real-time monitoring of the status of the engine and of the cooling and engine lubrication systems.
- Eco Driving Advisor - Application of the FleeetFCM tailored for fleets of urban transport vehicles.
The technologies included in the ATTAIN IT DRIVER TUTOR SUITE were developed by SATE srl, linked company of Attain IT srl under the project Driver Tutor - Experimental development of diagnostic systems applied to vehicles driving, funded by the "POR - Regional Competitiveness and Employment Objective. Part ERDF European Regional Development Fund 2007-2013. Axis 1. Action 1.1.2 " and the DBM project – Model Based Diagnostics, funded by the " POR - Regional Competitiveness and Employment Objective. Part ERDF European Regional Development Fund 2007-2013. Axis 1. Action 1.1.3".